Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Interview: Kristen Stewart

Interview: Kristen StewartShe's one of the most photographed women in the world, the onscreen heroine for millions of dedicated readers and the alleged paramour of Robert Pattinson, probably the world's hottest - figuratively and literally - acting property. Yet anyone who's experienced a Kristen Stewart press conference or red carpet interview will confirm that this 19-year-old bears a marked resemblance to the awkward, fidgety demeanour of her celluloid alter egos. There's the frequent lip-biting that typifies a Bella Swan encounter with the supernatural in the Twilight Saga while a fine and seductive performance in nostalgic tale Adventureland was characterised by Stewart's apparent addiction to sweeping her hair off her forehead. Regardless of her apparent struggle with the spotlight, she's nonetheless one of the most popular young stars on the planet, as revealed by her triumph in the publicly-voted Orange Rising Star category at the recent Bafta awards.
Speaking after her Bafta success, the onscreen Bella Swan discusses her public popularity, the future of the Twilight Saga and her darker independent roles.
What did it mean to you to receive the Orange Rising Star Bafta award, the one prize in the whole ceremony voted for by the public rather than the stuffy film scholars who typically decide the winners?
It's awesome. It's also cool because the snooty film people have to put you on the list for the normal people to consider so I guess it's the best of both worlds. I'm really lucky because I'm in a pretty unique position considering I have the Twilight following and I also do smaller movies too, so I'm lucky on that front.
The win shows your global appeal too, given it was voted for my mainly British viewers.
It's incredible, I've got really lucky to have gone to a lot of places and been welcomed really, really warmly. It's also really overwhelming also.
Have you got any plans to celebrate your win while in London?
I dunno, this kind of stuff just tweaks me to the point of… I think I have to go back and sit down for a second! The thought of going to a rip-roaring party right now is just… I'm already overwhelmed so I don't know but I'm really happy.
You received a great reception on the red carpet but was there anyone you were star-struck by?
I'm sitting right behind Kate Winslet and every time that she turns round I wish that I did not exist or was in a different room or different chair! (laughs) Some people do make you feel like you don't want to exist, but I love her.
Is there anything you can tease us with for Eclipse, the third film in the Twilight Saga?
I mean, unfortunately… most of the info is pretty much out there, you know what I mean? I don't have to tease, I'd just say that all of the stuff you've read in the book is going to look really cool. I'm really excited to see the newborns, I keep saying that, but they're going to look insane.
It was claimed recently in the Hollywood Reporter recently that you, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner aren't signed up yet for the last film in the saga - is this true or are you guys onboard?
Well… We're all definitely onboard to do Breaking Dawn but what's up in the air at this point is whether or not it's going to be one or two films and at the moment we still don't know.
You mentioned the independent films you've worked on recently and you're starring in the film based on Joan Jett and the Runaways, as well as playing a stripper in Welcome to the Rileys. Are these films that the Twihards won't be able to see and do you think some of your fans will be surprised to see you in those kind of parts?
Well, yeah, they're both rated R so if you're a Twilight fan and you're under 18, I'm sorry. But I don't know - , you know, actors never start acting so they can find one character and become famous for it. I think it's just to be expected that I would do different things and I think it's to be expected that people will like or dislike them because art is subjective and that's why I like it. So it's all good.
source
~Robstenfan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twilight Ninjas Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template designed by Ipiet's Blogger Template