Saturday, February 13, 2010

Michael Welch talks to Larry411

I love Larry, he is a great guy and true to his job.  He takes being a journalist seriously and doesn't just put something out there because it will get him hits, he writes the truth and only the facts.  If you are on twitter you should def follow him @Larry411 He seems to be good friends with Michael and interviews him a nice amount.  Here Michael talks about this coming year for him (and it is a busy one for him...lots of movies coming out-the most of all the Twilight cast).
Twilight’s Michael Welch on Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, & 110 Stories benefit
Actor Michael Welch (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse) is quite busy these days, with several films about to be released and a slew of personal appearances and charity events on his calendar. Readers need only to scroll down on this blog for news of these projects. But fans can't stop talking about The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, Summit's film based on the third novel in Stephenie Meyer's blockbuster book series, due in theaters on June 30. 

"
Eclipse will be awesome, Michael told reporter Leah Sydney at the recent Valentine Romance 'Sneak Peek' Oscar Suite. "It's actually my favorite book in the series. We're introducing a lot of new characters. The vampires and the werewolves expand. There is a new breed of vampires. I know that all-out war breaks out. It's going to be really fun. A lot of my cast mates worked really hard in training to do a lot of the acrobatic stuff." 


"I don't know if I'll be in that," Welch said regarding a possible 
Breaking Dawn two-part 3D project. "Not sure yet. I hope so though." Attending the event with his girlfriend, actress Marissa Lefton, Mike said, "My fantasy someday, is with her of course, to fly in a hot air balloon over the Eiffel tower, sprinkle roses all over Paris and drop chocolates onto people's heads." 

Welch will also be taking part in a benefit reading of 
110 Stories in Los Angeles. Originally performed in 2004 at the Public Theatre in New York, producers Stelio Savante (Ugly Betty, My Super Ex Girlfriend) and Andrew Carlberg (The 4th Wall, ABC's Castle, I Have It) have brought together an all-star cast for a one-time only performance at The Geffen Playhouse, 10886 Le Conte Avenue in Los Angeles, on February 22 at 8 PM. All proceeds will go the the Red Cross of Greater Los Angeles.

The reading is directed by Mark Freiburger (
Dog Days Of Summer) and narrated by Nic Harcourt (KCRW, Editor At Large: Music & Culture for LA: The LA Times Magazine). In addition to Welch, the cast includes Katharine McPhee (American Idol, The House Bunny), Ed Asner (Elf, JFK, Up), Sharon Lawrence (NYPD Blue, Grey's Anatomy), Michael Beach (Third Watch, True Romance, Soul Food), Diane Venora (Heat, The Insider, Bird), Maria Conchita Alonso (Caught, Saints & Sinners, Kiss Of The Spiderwoman), Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters, OZ, The Hand That Rocks The Cradle), Gail O Grady (American Dreams, Boston Legal), Nick Turturro (NYPD Blue), Malcolm Jamal Warner, (The Cosby Show) and Sophie Sinise (CSI: NY).

"While volunteering in the 9/11 recovery effort, I received 
e-mails from people who needed to share their stories, so I started interviewing those directly involved in every capacity about a range of topics, always avoiding politics," said writer Sarah Tuft. "I was after something more timeless... truth, and since there's no one Truth, just many versions filtered through the subjective lens of personal experience, 110 Stories was the closest I could get to the truth of 9/11. I'm lucky that what I wanted to say could be expressed through other people's words, fortunate to have a craft that allows me to tell a story in a compelling way, and blessed to have colleagues who share this vision enough to lend their time and gorgeous talents to presenting "the people's 9/11."

A VIP reception sponsored by South Africa's Cape Classic Wines follows the performance. Tickets are $57-$83 and available at 
The Geffen Playhouse or at Ticketmaster.

Source
xoxo
Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twilight Ninjas Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template designed by Ipiet's Blogger Template