Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Taylor w/ MovieOnline


Is Jacob really hotter than Edward? MoviesOnline caught up with Taylor Lautner to find out at the Los Angeles press conference for his new movie, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. The film directed by David Slade is a revenge-fueled, romantic continuation of the internationally popular vampire story based on Stephenie Meyer’s phenomenally successful best selling book series.
Eclipse explores the love triangle between Edward, Jacob and Kristen and the different aspects of love -- real love, fantasy love, and the possibility of being in love with two people at the same time. Once again Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) finds herself surrounded by danger as Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge. Bella must choose between her love for Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) and her friendship with Jacob Black (Lautner) – knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf.
Taylor talked to us about what was new and different in the third installment of the Twilight saga, how his friends and family keep him grounded, and what it was like delivering the best line of dialogue in the film. He also updated us on his upcoming projects including Stretch Armstrong, Abduction and the possibility of working with Tom Cruise’s Les Grossman. Here’s what Taylor had to say:
MoviesOnline: What drives you to succeed?
Taylor Lautner: Probably the people around me and the people I care about. They are my motivation. Family, friends, and what I’m passionate about.
MoviesOnline: What was new and different?
Taylor Lautner: I was actually bummed. There was a lot more action in this picture, but for me, specifically, I am a wolf when there is any action going on. So, I was bummed that I wasn’t involved in too much. I got to kiss Bella for the first time. Yeah, so that was probably the biggest thing. That was probably the most exciting new thing.
MoviesOnline: Did you and Rob compare notes afterwards?
Taylor Lautner: We didn’t! That would have been fun.
MoviesOnline: What has the past year been like with your newly found success?
Taylor Lautner: It is exciting. This franchise has been such an incredible platform. It is amazing. I am so thankful for this franchise and everything it has provided and the opportunity. I have had the time of my life over the past two years. I am just thankful to be in this position. I am having fun making movies. I have met a lot of new people and have had the opportunity to work with a lot of new, talented people. Amazing is the best word for it.
MoviesOnline: How do you decide what your movies are going to be now?
Taylor Lautner: It is kind of just a gut instinct. You know, whatever I’d want to watch. You read a lot of scripts and whenever you can finish one and really love it. I want to challenge myself to many different things. I definitely don’t want to stay on one road, so I try to change it up.
MoviesOnline: Are you playing a superhero next?
Taylor Lautner: Uh, not next. Hopefully soon. Next is Abduction. I’ll just be a regular guy who is in an interesting situation. Maybe a superhero about a year from now.
MoviesOnline: Is it easier for you to just keep the muscle mass on and do you have a weakness for a certain food that you just have to have?
Taylor Lautner: Occasionally I really want some ice cream. For sure. You will cheat a time or two. When it comes close to filming or you have a magazine photo shoot, then you really just have to stay strong and cut it out. The most interesting thing I found is that it is just as hard to maintain it, as it was to put it on in the first place. Trust me, it was really hard putting it on and it is just as hard keeping it. If I am really busy and I can’t get to the gym, or if I don’t have time to eat, it just loses like that [snaps] and it takes ten times the amount of time to put it back on again. It is tough.
MoviesOnline: Do you think your coming into this character has caused your character Jacob to come into his own as well?
Taylor Lautner: No, I don’t know if it really has anything to do with me. It is kind of all in the books and that is what we go off of. That is exactly what the fans want to see. Jacob definitely matures quite a bit. He has been dealing with his new self now, he has come to know his new self, and the situation he has be put in. He becomes frustrated in this one because he get so close all the time, and then gets told “no” over and over again. So, it is quite a bummer, but he is persistent.
MoviesOnline: Can you talk about working more closely with Robert Pattinson in this installment?
Taylor Lautner: Yeah. I had a scene or two in New Moon where I was able to work with Rob, and I was really excited to work with him for Eclipse. The hardest thing I found about working with Rob is I usually have to hit him in the scenes, and it is difficult. He is such a funny, nice guy. It is literally like we are doing a scene where we are yelling and screaming at each other, and he is slapping my shoulder and I’m shoving him off me. We are screaming. We are spitting in each other’s faces. Then, as soon as they call cut, we just bust out laughing. It is really hard to be mean to Rob.
MoviesOnline: What is your favorite scene?
Taylor Lautner: [Sighs] Probably the tent scene. The tent scene is just really good because it has that intensity, but it is also pretty humorous at the same time.
MoviesOnline: There is one part where Edward asks why can’t you put a shirt on. Was that actually in the script, or did the writers realize that they were totally exploiting the muscles?
Taylor Lautner: [laughs] I believe it actually was in the book. It definitely was in the script. When I read that for the first time, I couldn’t wait for Rob to deliver that. It was funny. It was quite obvious. Even the position I’m in. I’m like leaning up against the car with my hands behind me [laughs]. It looks like I’m waiting and flexing for her to come up. Those are the awkward scenes. When everybody is fully clothed, it is raining, and I’m just waiting there posing for them.
MoviesOnline: Breaking Dawn will be two movies. Do you know if it will be announced into one movie from your perspective and one from Rob’s?
Taylor Lautner: I do know that. I do know it will be two, which I am extremely excited about. It is going to be great. Bill Condon is doing both. It’s going to be awesome and I can’t wait to work with him.
MoviesOnline: Do you have a clause in your contract saying you have to keep your shirt on?
Taylor Lautner: [Laughs] No clause. Whatever the book says is most likely what we are going to do.
MoviesOnline: Would you ever do another film where you have to go shirtless again?
Taylor Lautner: I mean really, it all comes down to character. If I love the character, I love the story, and the character requires me to be shirtless, or if it requires me to lose thirty pounds, I’m ready to do it.
MoviesOnline: Can you tell us about the movie about Stretch Armstrong?
Taylor Lautner: You know, they are doing all the designing, writing the script, everything. So, we haven’t seen any finalized version, but chances are it might be a little different from the doll.
MoviesOnline: Do you know what the back story is going to be?
Taylor Lautner: Um, no. They are not finished with the script yet. I think they should be shortly. Hopefully we will know soon. The cool thing with the toy is there is no story. With a superhero, you kind of have to stay along these lines, but with a toy you get to create everything. It is super exciting and creative.
MoviesOnline: Is there any downside to this whirlwind you have been on these past two years?
Taylor Lautner: It is hard to choose one. There are a million times more pros than cons. For sure. Obviously, you know, the privacy thing. It is a little different. Usually, it is not normal to wake up and have 12 paparazzi cars waiting outside to follow you to Starbucks. Like I said, there are a lot more pros that I’m willing to put up with those cons for sure.
MoviesOnline: You have the line of the movie with the “hotter than you” line. Can you tell us about that scene and how hard it was to deliver the line?
Taylor Lautner: It is true. Keeping the straight face was the tough thing. That was another line where I read it and I loved the line, but I was like, “This is going to be so hard to deliver, and especially with a straight face.” And looking Rob in the eyes with that Edward look. It is in the tent. It was funny, but it was one of those lines that was a little difficult to say to Rob.
MoviesOnline: Why would you recommend someone to see this movie?
Taylor Lautner: Oh boy, where do I begin? If you like the first and second movies, then you are definitely gonna like this movie. If you haven’t seen the first or second movies, then you are still going to like it. It basically takes everything, the romance, the action, suspense, and the danger; everything in the first two movies, and [multiply] that by five in this one. It is by far my favorite movie. It is exciting. It is very dangerous. They are at war the entire time. You still have that romance, it is even elevated because this is the height of the love triangle, but Edward and Jacob are forced to team up together to protect Bella from Victoria and Riley. This is a really long way of telling you to see the movie. You should see the movie [laughs].
MoviesOnline: Would you ever work with Les Grossman?
Taylor Lautner: Yeah, for sure. It was awesome. Working with Mr. Cruise was pretty surreal. Doing a moviewith him would be one of my dreams, for sure.
MoviesOnline: What sort of feedback have you heard about your portrayal from the Native American community?
Taylor Lautner: I haven’t heard too much feedback from them. Like two years ago, when we filmed Twilight, I met with some real Quileutes. I just kind of wanted to get to know them before we started filming. I was going there with a pad of paper, a pencil, and I was thinking I was going to have to write down notes and transform myself into this different person. When really, I asked, “What do you like to do during your free time?,” I was expecting some different answer. They were like, “Well, we go to the beach, we play basketball, but most of all, we like to check out girls.” I was like, “Oh! Really? Alright!” It would be interesting, definitely, to hear some feedback after the movies have come out.
MoviesOnline: Are there any songs written about you?
Taylor Lautner: I guess that song on Saturday Night Live if you want to consider it, but that is the most that I know. I wish I had a more exciting answer.
MoviesOnline: Have you spoken to Bill Condon yet about Breaking Dawn?
Taylor Lautner: I have only met Bill once, very briefly. So, we have not had time to discuss it. He seems like a very nice guy. Obviously, he is extremely talented. I think whatever comes our way, he is going to be able to deal with it. I am looking forward to talking with him.
MoviesOnline: What about the fact that it will be two films?
Taylor Lautner: I think that was definitely the right thing to do. It is definitely hard enough to break down 500+ pages into a 110-120 page script. This one is 800 and there is just so much going on with the wolf pack and the baby. There is a lot of stuff, so to condense that into one film would definitely be a challenge. I am very excited that it is two. Looking forward to it.
MoviesOnline: Do you have any guilty pleasures? Like Jersey Shore or Housewives? Anything like that?
Taylor Lautner: Um. American Idol. So You Think You Can Dance as well, but American Idol would definitely be number one for me. I haven’t missed an episode in 8 or 9 years [laughs]. I can’t believe I just said that.
MoviesOnline: Can you sing?
Taylor Lautner: No I can’t sing [laughs]. That is the funny thing. Maybe that is why I like watching it so much is because there is no way I could do that [laughing].
MoviesOnline: How do you think you will prepare yourself for the unique, romantic aspects that you will find yourself in?
Taylor Lautner: I haven’t started thinking about it too much right now. We are focusing on Eclipse coming out. We are promoting that. Then after that I am focusing on Abduction. Then after that it will be Breaking Dawn. I’m sure as soon as we meet with Bill further down the road, we will go towards that, but that will be interesting.
MoviesOnline: Do you think the werewolves will go into a musical number?
Taylor Lautner: I think he actually already released a statement promising there would be no musical number in it [laughing]. It is funny.
MoviesOnline: You have so many passionate fans, what are some strange encounters you have had?
Taylor Lautner: I won’t say they are weird, but they are definitely passionate. I was just in Australia about a week or so ago, and we were at this big fan event. There were like 4000 fans and I was walking down the line. Fans like to hold out their hand or their arm for you to sign, and this one arm I went by had a massive tattoo of the wolf pack. The same exact one. It was pretty cool. She was like, “Can you sigh it?” I was like, “Sure.” So, I signed right underneath it, and the next day somebody told me the girl got my signature tattooed right underneath the wolf pack tattoo. I didn’t know whether to think that was cool, or feel bad that I signed her arm. That is definitely some passion right there.
MoviesOnline: How do you remain normal?
Taylor Lautner: It is a good question. It definitely is surrounding yourself with your family and the friends that you have known forever. I live, all of us do, in two different worlds. They are complete opposites. This is our job. We go to work and we live in this business world. Then we go back to our regular world and we do the same thing that we did before. We sit at home. We aren’t that exciting. We watch American Idol every Tuesday and Wednesday. Yeah, spend time with our family and friends. I think maintaining that world is extremely important.
MoviesOnline: Is dealing with the paparazzi a pain?
Taylor Lautner: Yeah. You know, sometimes it becomes aggravating, but you got to tell yourself that this comes with the job and what you are getting out of it on the other side is definitely worth it. Sometimes it is hard, but you can’t let them affect you that much or you know it would drive you insane. Maintaining sanity is pretty important to me, so you just gotta push that stuff aside. Yeah, it is never normal.
MoviesOnline: Can you ever go out without being recognized?
Taylor Lautner: Um, yeah. You can be creative. It is a matter of choosing where you go. When you go. A mall? Probably not. A movie theater? Probably not. I have my hangouts. The good, low-key restaurants. Sometimes you are just like, “I don’t care! I want to go bowling! And I’m going to do it!” And you do it. Sure enough, it is a little hectic, but you had fun. Then you go back home and go, “I’m not going bowling for a while.”
MoviesOnline: What item from the set are you taking with you for sentimental value?
Taylor Lautner: Probably those little jean shorts. Definitely. They have a lot of value. I am going to miss those shorts dearly [laughs].
MoviesOnline: Can you tell us about the jeans? What brand they are?
Taylor Lautner: I don’t even know what they are! They are just jeans Jacob finds in the woods man! I don’t know! I don’t even know if there is a brand. Just because you said that, I am definitely going to look at that when I wear those little jean shorts again. I am so curious now.
MoviesOnline: Does it help that you are friends with Rob and Kristen while making the films?
Taylor Lautner: Definitely. It means everything to me. I can’t imagine filming this franchise if the whole cast wasn’t so close of friends. It would be a nightmare. Rob, Kristen, and myself are really close. It helps a lot. When you are filming, you can be open and honest with each other, you can discuss things, and it just makes the filming process a lot easier and then promoting. Even when we aren’t even doing anything, when we just hang out on the weekends, it is great. They are incredible people. Very talented. We will definitely maintain our friendship for a very long time past this franchise. It is extremely important to me.
MoviesOnline: In your opinion, what makes a great action movie?
Taylor Lautner: I think it is the story that comes with the action. Abduction really has an interesting story. It is about a high school senior who finds a picture of himself on a missing persons website only to realize that his whole life, for 18 years, has been a lie. Um, it can’t be nonsense action. It has to make sense. I am super excited to get going on that. We start in three weeks.
MoviesOnline: Have you ever fought for a woman in real life?
Taylor Lautner: Yeah, I’d say so. I mean, if it is important enough to you. Yeah. Definitely. I have fought for a woman.
MoviesOnline: With Breaking Dawn, there is talk of not keeping so close to the book because it is a little out there. What are your thoughts on keeping it faithful to the book versus changing it a bit for the movie?
Taylor Lautner: It is definitely super important to us to maintain as faithful as possible to the books because that is exactly what the fans want to see. They want to see the books. Yeah, there may have to be a few changes here and there, but as long as we maintain the basic story, everything the characters go through, and all those emotions, we are going to be fine. I think that Bill Condon, whatever he does, is going to turn out amazing. I definitely trust in him, and I think the fans should as well.
“The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” opens in theaters on June 30th.

Source
xoxo
Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twilight Ninjas Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template designed by Ipiet's Blogger Template