Monday, September 27, 2010

Twilight Moms Interview With Nikki Reed and Sage

NIKKI REED:

Describe your relationship with Sage.
Sage is like a sister to me. To put it simply, we are just similar people. Our moms met almost 30 years ago, and ironically had babies around the same time. The interesting part about that is that Sage and I were not forced into some pre-conceived friendship; we actually didn’t start to get to know each other until our teenage years. Despite our similarities in personality, we were raised very differently. It’s difficult to explain, it’s like she’s the yin and I’m the yang.

When was the first time you heard Sage sing?
I don’t even remember the first time I heard Sage sing. As long as I’ve known her, she’s been singing, so I was probably like four years old. I do remember being hired as her "makeup artist", when I was about twelve years old. She would perform at iconic venues like The Whiskey or The Roxy and I would come along with my bag of makeup and get her ready.

What inspired you to direct a music video? Any chance you'll be making more?
I’ve always wanted to direct. Sometimes I think I prefer it to acting. I enjoy the process of creating the bigger picture, and having a vision that goes beyond my character's. I also thoroughly enjoy talking to and collaborating with actors.

Do you play any instruments or sing?
I play guitar, but only for myself. Trust me, no one would want to hear me because I’m not very god. I enjoy writing music, so it only seemed natural to learn a few chords on the guitar to help with that. I also sing, but for the same purpose. It’s hard to write music and not sing out loud.

If you weren't an actress, what would you be pursuing in life?
If I weren’t an actress, I would produce and direct films, which I hope to do anyways. If I weren’t in the film industry at all, I would probably work with children or animals. I would be a vet, and work with animals that help children with disabilities.

Who is your favorite author? Favorite book?
My favorite author is Albert Camus, and my favorite book is The Fall.

What is on your iPod/MP3 player right now?
My iPod has music for ten different people on it. I have everything from Shakira, Chris Cornell and Odis Redding, to Bob Dylan. I’m really grooving on Pink the last couple of days. It depends on my mood I suppose. I also love Melissa Etheridge, and Rickie Lee Jones. Sage actually introduced me to Rickie Lee Jones about 2 years ago on Valentines Day. We were each other's Valentine, and we went and saw Rickie sing.

If you can meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
If I could meet anyone, it would probably be my mom's mom, who died long before I was born. I’m not really interested in meeting people I idolize because I want to continue to see them as in whatever way they show themselves to the public.

What do you 'fan girl' about?
I am currently obsessing hard over Hanson. I’ve even written them fan girl letters. I’m not kidding.

What is one thing you want to do in life that you haven't yet?
I want to jump out of an airplane. Maybe Ill attempt that next year.
Source via source
xoxo
Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twilight Ninjas Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template designed by Ipiet's Blogger Template