Sunday, October 16, 2011

Twilight-inspired Music Video by Steve Nicks




Stevie's official music video for "Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)" is out now on YouTube
Here's what Stevie had to say about the video:
MOONLIGHT (A Vampire's Dream)-- It was 2009 and I was on tour in Melbourne, Australia. I needed to stay awake to avoid jet lag. I went to see the film “New Moon” and then we all sat around and watched the Michael Jackson movie… By then it was midnight and I knew I had to go back and see “New Moon” again. Afterward I started an essay about all the “Edwards” in my life. I thought about all the tales of abandonment and the beautiful love story of Bella and Edward. He’s cursed to live life as a monster but Bella sees through. Yet—he leaves her because he knows that is what he has to do. She sits in her chair for months. I so understood that feeling. We went on to Brisbane and I kept thinking, “Why can’t they be together?” And at that moment, I wrote the song. And the very next moment I said to myself, “I’m ready to make a record now.” Before that I wondered if I would ever make another record but I knew it was time. This is one of my favorite songs on the record. We kept a photo of Bella and Edward on the soundboard while we recorded.

SteveNicksstevienicks
xoxo
Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twilight Ninjas Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template designed by Ipiet's Blogger Template