Thursday, November 10, 2011

Kristen Stewart Talks Breaking Hearts and 'Breaking Dawn'

twilight breaking dawn
Twilight is almost over. In the first part of the final film, Breaking Dawn part 1, Kristen Stewart's Bella marries vampire Edward, loses her virginity, gives birth to vampire-human hybrid, and turns into a vampire. Just thinking about it is exhausting. Kristen talks about shooting so many milestone, and how she is coping with the end of a series that she has spent the last five years with.
We've heard that you had a schizophrenic go of shooting both Breaking Dawns together. Virgin in the morning, pregnant bride in the afternoon, vampire at night. Can you talk about the trials and tribulations of shooting like that?
Shooting two movies at the same time, completely out of sequence, it wasn't something we were initially concerned about. I think what that gave me was... [Bella] is always looking into the future and thinking about what she is going to achieve and ultimately, in this movie, she does get everything she wants. Either that or she is feeling bad about Jacob or what her family thinks... she is very much in her own head. Basically what I'm saying is that being able to play a vampire, a human, a pregnant woman - sometimes literally on the same day or in the same week - actually helped remind me... everything felt more important and more relevant to me. Everything felt very close. I think if we had done it more systematically, it wouldn't have been the same. Everything was happening all at once. It was so overwhelming that it was good - it gave me that energy every day.
Bella is such a pop culture icon. How does she compare to playing Snow White?
I guess the only comparison that sticks out in my mind is that they both, in different ways, are matriarchs. Very, very strong matriarchs. I never grew up on fairytales. Everyone says to me, "This role is so cool because we all grew up with these fairytales." I'm like, "No, not really. I didn't." I also didn't grow up with the Twilight thing so for me, I'm just putting on these characters. I've gotten really lucky. I knew Snow White going in more than I knew Twilight.
You've managed to avoid being stereotyped into Twilight-type roles. How do you manage that? Is there a particular kind of project you are drawn to?
I've been really lucky that the movies I have done between Twilight films have been very different. Not because I meant them to be, but because the things I have been drawn to just happen to be different from Twilight. It's hard for me to answer questions like that. Right now is the first time I have not known what I was doing next. I don't want to rush it because I want time off and I want to figure out what I am interested in. 
Are you drawn to lower-profile jobs to escape from the hysteria you encountered with the Twilight films?
No, not at all. That genuinely has nothing to do with it.
In the film, you appear to have lost a lot of weight between the honeymoon and the delivery. Was that real?
Digital. Totally digital. We didn't have time for me to do it. We would have had to shut down production for a few months while I lost the weight or gained it back.
It really looks like you genuinely were that sickly.
That's great. It was really [nerve-wracking] like, "I hope you guys can do a good job with this, because I can't." It can ruin you, if you look ridiculous, and I didn't. Those guys are amazing at what they do.
What was going through your mind as you walked down the aisle during the wedding scene?
I had a million different things going through my head, and I kept trying to tell myself "Stop, stop, stop. Just do it. Just have this experience." I thought I was going to ruin it. I think I was so in the right place to do it, I just needed to put on the dress and go and do it. The most common question you get as an actor is, "How do you remember all those lines?" If you know the story - really know it - the lines just come out. You know it. I just kept telling myself to find myself in this moment and appreciate it, otherwise I would look back and think, "Why didn't you just sit back and take that ride?"
What do Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson bring to the experience of the film that no one else could bring?
I can't imagine what this movie would have been if I didn't have really solid and always-growing relationships with them. People always ask if we are like one big happy family. We are, but it's more like hen you work with people like that, you can give so much and you can do no wrong. They've got you. I don't really know specifically what those men brought to the roles, but we all really got along and I think it shows.
What did you think about the whole to-do that happened when Robert told fans that you used a real priest in the wedding scene so you may in fact be married?
Honestly, that's the first time I heard that! The priest did great, but I think he was nervous. He couldn't even remember the vows. He kept saying our names as well [as our character names]. Now I'd like to find out if he was a real, ordained minister. 
Bella goes through some major milestones in this film. Did playing pregnant make you think about your own future, and possible motherhood?
Yeah. It's funny, because this is such a farfetched story, but it's really not when it comes to people of my age and whether or not they've made a wrong decision. That's such a common position to be in. This movie crams a lot of milestones into one movie. Within this series, it doesn't span a long period of time, but it was a much more full experience than most other films about a girl of that age. I really did get to live like 10-15 years in those four or five because everything is so important to her and all the imposing elements just speed things up.
What kind of music are you listening to right now?
I'm doing Snow White right now - it's actually really weird to be here, to be honest, because I am so deeply involved in it. Adele's new album, I have choreographed entire marches with my army behind to it. I'm listening to that a lot - it's really good for the story. Almost too good for it - like it hit the nail on the head. She's incredible. I kind of only listen to the stuff I am listening to for the move right now.
Is there any part of Bella that will stick with you, now that you are done with the role?
Not really, but only because I felt that I have really projected myself onto that character. If you are the kind of girl who identifies with Bella, you really are her. I genuinely had to justify every decision she made along the way. Sometimes your character does stuff that you wouldn't necessarily do - you're not playing yourself. But for her, somehow, I could not disagree with her, ever.

--fearnet.com

~Robstenfan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twilight Ninjas Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template designed by Ipiet's Blogger Template