Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Interview:‘Twilight’ Audio Book Narrator Ilyana Kadushin

Toto: What drew you to the “Twilight” assignment, and did doing the voice over work for the series give you a unique perspective on why these stories are so passionately embraced by readers?
Kadushin: In 2005, I was called in to audition for the “Twilight” audio book along with many other actresses. This was, of course, before anyone knew about these books at all. They were looking for a woman who could sound like a teenager and understand the character of Bella. It was actually the first audio book I was ever cast for. Since then, I have narrated the entire “Twilight” Saga audio books and it became this giant phenomenon. When I travel to book store signings, readings and events, I always ask the fans themselves what it was they loved so much about these stories. I think the paranormal romantic adventure without too much gratuitous sex and violence was something of a departure from the rest of pop culture that teens have around them.
Toto: When you read now in your leisure time do you find yourself slipping into “work mode” or interpreting the content in a different way than before given the wok you do?
Kadushin: I am a voracious reader. I always have a stack of books that I am reading. I love reading many different genres of books. And I lose myself inside the book the same way I do when I narrate. I look for books that have strong voices in their characters and of course great imagination.
Toto: I imagine you get fan mail/reactions to your “Twilight” work. Any interesting anecdotes to share?
Kadushin: I think it was between the 2nd and 3rd audio book coming out that I started getting fan letters and they came from every country around the globe. Fans wrote from Asia, Eastern Europe, Australia, the Middle East, everywhere … it really blew my mind. I even received letters from soldiers in Afghanistan. I realized then just how widespread this series had become. It always feels great to have fans write you and tell you how you made them feel by telling them a story. I have always loved that I am a story teller and that I am reading to people from many different countries!

Read the full article at bighollywood.breitbart.com

~Robstenfan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twilight Ninjas Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template designed by Ipiet's Blogger Template