Friday, October 23, 2009

Robert Pattinson- Seventeen

ROBERT PATTINSON
You might think you know him by heart, but he's kept the real Rob hidden from the world-until now.
By Joanna Saltz

Turns out Robert Pattinson isn't actually the dark, brooding guy you see on-screen or in magazine photos. Although he's totally convincing as the moody, lovesick vampire, Edward, in the Twilight saga- and he literally gets stalked by tabloid paparazzi (some that would make anyone seem cranky!)- he has a light side that only his really close friends get to see. His self-deprecating jokes were legendary on the New Moon set-costar Rachelle Lefevre says, "His sense of humor is so dry, if you're not paying attention, you could miss it." So when he says he's starving himself to keep up Edward's thin frame, or claims to be guzzling Gatorade while reading Columbine, a book about the tragic school shooting, it's hard to tell what's a fact and what's just his twisted wit. But in his most candid interview ever (of course, he couldn't resist cracking a few jokes), Rob reveals exclusively to Seventeen the truth about the headlines, and what makes him totally happy.

17: What attracted you to the role of Edward?
Robert Pattinson: Edward is a guy whom so many people love, but he's essentially self-hating and prone to being self-destructive. And that's a very typical thing for guys to go through-when you love something so much that you just start compulsively destroying it because you think you're not good enough. It's a very tragic story.

17: Have you ever loved someone like that?
RP: Not really, but I understand it. The self-destruction that's prevalent in New Moon is much clearer to me than the emotions in Twilight, which is all about the freedom of finding your first love, and pure joyousness. I guess I'm a more cynical person than Edward is.

17: How does Edward evolve in this movie?
RP: Edward is this superhero who is utterly incapable of saving the damsel, no matter how much he wants to, and it's Bella who comes to save him all the time. She sees what he's worth, even though he doesn't see it himself.

17: You and Kristen Stewart had a major connection in the first film. Was it hard recreating that for New Moon?
RP: I'm really close to Kristen, so it was pretty easy to get it back.

17: So was the chemistry we saw on-screen real or just acting?
RP: I don't like "acting." I like knowing the subtleties in people. Like, if I make someone laugh for real, for just one second, the audience would much rather see that than an "acting" laugh 100 times over. If you want to get something real, you need to know the person.

17: Do you have a rule about how well you get to know your costars?
RP: Are you asking me if I hook up with all of my costars? Yes [sarcastically]. Every single female member of the cast, in every movie I do. And male. Just anyone who's around. Anyone with legs. [Laughs.] Actually, no!

17: But is it beyond the realm of possibility that you and Kristen would hook up?
RP: If you talk to Kristen, she'll probably say that it was definitely beyond the realm of possibility.

17: There were a lot of rumors that Nikki Reed was secretly in love with you too. Do you think there was any truth to that?
RP: If there was, it must have been secret to me!

17: Is it hard to read so many rumors and so much gossip about yourself?
RP: It's terrifying, all this stuff all the time. I wish I knew how to control it. I just want to say [to the press], "I'm never going to do anything interesting! I've never done anything interesting in my entire life!" If I had, I'd talk about it all the time! That's what's annoying about all these gossip sites-they're like, "He thinks he's all this, he thinks he's all that." No, I really don't!

17: Do you ever get embarrassed by all the attention?
RP: It's weird when I'm shooting and there are crowds of fans around-but the rest of the people in the street are going, "Who is that guy? What are you girls thinking?!?" Because I look pretty much like a bum.

17: Well, if everyone is obsessed with you, what are you obsessed with?
RP: Film, however lame that sounds. I'd like to do another type of movie with Kristen, and I'd like to work with Jack Nicholson. But I don't even know if I want to be an actor that long! I don't even know how to be someone else. Every single character is something I find interesting in myself, and if I start doing lame work, I'm not going to stick around and do it!

17: If you weren't an actor, what else would you do?
RP: I've been writing. I think I'm doing a soundtrack for another movie. I'm doing really cool stuff for the next year, acting-wise, and I'm working with really cool people. So I'm actually completely content at the moment.


**There you have it again folks. Thanks to my subscription to Seventeen Mag and my fingers for typing this stuff out. MAN I WISH I HAD THAT SCANNER!!**

ENJOY!
xoxo.
Rachel.

SOURCE: Seventeen Magazine and my fast typing fingers!!    

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you ROBERT! :)) --gracehannah5

Post a Comment

 

Twilight Ninjas Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template designed by Ipiet's Blogger Template