Friday, April 29, 2011

BACKSHELF PICKS: Warren's tips for your Netflix list

“Easy A” (2010) — Like a John Hughes teen comedy for the next generation, “Easy A” presents the stereotypes of high school life and then deconstructs them in fun ways. Rising starlet Emma Stone plays a girl who intentionally develops a slutty reputation to get attention, and succeeds on a cataclysmic level.
Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson are hilarious as the ultimate unflappable parents.
“Remember Me” (2010)— When I heard that Robert Pattinson of “Twilight” fame had been cast to star in “Water for Elephants,” an adaptation of one of my favorite novels, I fretted. Then I saw him in this intense, often emotionally raw love story about a young man trying to find himself after a series of family tragedies, and I have hope.
In some ways, the set-up for the film sounds like a romantic comedy:  On a dare, a guy tries to woo the daughter (Emilie de Ravin) of the cop who arrested him.
Naturally, he falls in love with her and her with him, but it all gets complicated when she finds out about his manipulations.
The ending is a polarizer. You’ll love it or hate it. It bothered me at first, then it seemed to make sense.

gazette to read the rest
xoxo
Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twilight Ninjas Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template designed by Ipiet's Blogger Template