Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Q&A with WFE Director Francis Lawrence

by Sean O’Connell 
Q&A - Water for Elephants Director Francis Lawrence on Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon, and the (Hollywood) CircusRobert Pattinson trades the media circus that surrounds the Twilight series for an actual circus, as the actor joins Oscar winners Reese Witherspoon and Christoph Waltz in an adaptation of Sara Gruen's Water for Elephants. Director Francis Lawrence recently spoke to AMC's Film Critic about Pattinson's animal magnetism, the changes he made to the source material, and the reasons no one runs away to join the circus anymore.
Q: For the people who only know Robert Pattinson from the Twilight saga, tell me what he brings to the table as an actor.
A: The Twilight films don't really show the full range of what I believe he is capable of. They are very stylized, and he's kind of hidden behind this pale makeup and contacts. I think people are going to be surprised when they see him in this movie -- how much more naturalistic he can be and how nuanced his performance is. I just think he is a very natural performer, and I think he has a real magnetism, which is very important for a star. It's interesting. I cast him because I found him to be a lot like Jacob. There is a purity, a strength, and a humility to him, and I think all of those qualities come across very nicely.

Read the FULL article over at filmcritic.com

`Robstenfan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twilight Ninjas Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template designed by Ipiet's Blogger Template