Kendrick is the first one to tell you that Twilight‘s huge success came out of nowhere. “After we shot the first Twilight, we organized our own wrap party. We really didn’t know what this was going to be,” she recalls. “Something like that can come at you unexpectedly, and you just have to try your best to deal with it.” Kendrick credits her co-stars for how they’ve handled the attention: “More power to the people who deal with that kind of stuff and still say sane.”
Her own brush with fame — which came from starring alongside George Clooney in Up in the Air — was what partly inspired her to take on the role of in-over-her-head therapist Katherine in 50/50. “To me, she felt like a mess,” Kendrick says, “and she suspects everyone around her can tell. I really wanted to explore that [because] I felt like I … was going through the same thing. I didn’t know what was going on with my life [after Up in the Air], and everybody was looking at me all of a sudden and expecting me to know what I was talking about and to look and act and sound like a movie star, and I felt really uncomfortable. I felt like everybody secretly knew that I didn’t belong there, so I really related to what I thought she was going through.”
With at least five marquee films coming out in the next year, though, Kendrick may be saying goodbye to her inner Katherine for a while. Next up, she’s reprising her role as Bella Swan’s friend Jessica in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1. Want some details about the film from Kendrick? Too bad. Kendrick confirms that her character will attend the event of the season — Bella and Edward’s wedding — but is otherwise keeping mum: “I don’t even want to use any other adjectives to describe it because I know it will get me in trouble.”
In 2012, she’ll play Jake Gyllenhaal’s wife in gritty cop drama End of Watch. After that, she’s part of the A-list ensemble of What to Expect When You’re Expecting, playing a Rosie, who finds herself in a love-hate-baby-making relationship with a rival food truck owner played by Chace Crawford. She jokes of her role opposite the Gossip Girl heartthrob, “I feel odd. Like with Chace I felt like I needed to be, like, ‘Do we need to address your face?’” If nothing else, Kendrick acknowledges that stardom does have its perks: “I’m around some lovely gentlemen.”
insidemovies.ew.com
~Robstenfan
0 comments:
Post a Comment